Author Topic: Any development lately?  (Read 2217 times)

bengur

Any development lately?
« on: November 21, 2010, 11:49:52 AM »
Hi yummy & forum,

i'ts been pretty quiet on the updates front for some time now.. where's yummyFTP heading to, is it heading anywhere? Reason i am asking, is the fact, that i really begin missing features.. as much as i love YFTP, i'm right now considering to give interarchy a shot (a mupromo right now), as it seems to deliver at least one feature, which i'm really missing by now:

scripts/ignores for syncs/transfers..
why's that? Versioning.. lately i started to maintain 1:1 copies of online sites on my local machine.. an these local ones are verisioned using SVN (via Cornerstone). Now each time i want to sync local changes to the online version, i need to run the sync with preview, uncheck all .svn entries, a few other cache dirs, and the master settings page.. this is cumbersome, and prone to mistakes.

Todays 20$ mupromo or interarchy is quite tempting, and i'm afraid, if interarchy delivers the way i'm expecting, i'll be gone.. ;-/ which'd be sad somehow.. i do like YFTP otherwise and would like to stick with it.

cheers,
ben

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: Any development lately?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 12:58:40 PM »
Hi,

Yes, development is still under way :)

There has been a quiet period, I know, and I'm really sorry for that. As noted elsewhere, this has unfortunately been due to personal problems, but those have now been overcome and I am back in the driver's seat!

I'm nearly done with v1.8.3, and am planning a major update to follow in the form of v1.9, as well as a complete overhaul in v2.0 which has already been under development.

For the svn items, why not exclude them? Right click -> Exclude

As for Interarchy, I'm not sure the latest version has been so well received, but it's up to you. I think Yummy can do the job just as well, if not better ... but I am biased ;)

bengur

Re: Any development lately?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 06:42:44 PM »
Yes, development is still under way :) .. As noted elsewhere, this has unfortunately been due to personal problems, but those have now been overcome ..

That's good to hear.. both in terms of YFTP, as well as on the personal side..

For the svn items, why not exclude them? Right click -> Exclude

hu.. -v plz ;-) wouldn't be the first time i was simply ignorant about a less obviuos feature of YFTP ;)

Besides a possible solution by what you're referring to: What i'd love to have is something like "sync sets".. where i would define ignores for specific dirs (eg.caches) and files (certain config files) by path and/or name by eg. ".svn", so i could set up a sync regime for a site, and then just hit the button (or setup a schedule) without the need to worry or intervene each time..

As for Interarchy, I'm not sure the latest version has been so well received, but it's up to you.

I read some comments on interarchy.. yup, sounds ill. Actually i DL'ed it to check out the set feature, however got stranded on looking it up in the online help.. well, there IS no help, it's broken. What a tremendous start.. =8-}

greets,
Ben