Author Topic: Colors indicating exclusion from syncs or transfers  (Read 1449 times)

coolcatcreative

Colors indicating exclusion from syncs or transfers
« on: July 27, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »
Hi,

I LOVE Yummy FTP and I use it a LOT.

I normally use it in conjunction with Dreamweaver when I build sites, and so far I have been mainly using Dreamweaver to sync my files or upload large chunks of site. The main reason has been the "cloaking" feature in DW.

But DW does this so slow that more and more I've been using Yummy FTP instead, especially after stumbling upon the feature of being able to mark files or folders for exclusion from syncs, transfers or both.

There is one thing though that would really help: some sort of visual distinction/differentiation of the 3 types of exclusions (i.e. files/folders marked for exclusion from syncs, syncs and transfers or transfers) so I could know at a glance what is going to happen when I decide to upload a folder and its contents, etc. Having the red "X" for all 3 scenarios is a little confusing as I'd have to REMEMBER what each sites settings are, or I'd have to inspect each folder with every use to find out what is blocked, etc.

If there could be, say, different color "X"-s for the 3 scenarios (e.g. green for blocked sync, blue for transfer and red for both), it could speed up my workflow.

So: does this make sense, and would this be possible?

Thanks,
Zoltan

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: Colors indicating exclusion from syncs or transfers
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 01:38:29 AM »
Yes, it would be possible and fairly easy to add. Good suggestion - I'll look at adding it soon.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
I'm adding the following distinctions to the next update:

\ = Exclude from Transfers
/ = Exclude from Syncs
X = Exclude from Both
Y = Excluded due to Filter

I didn't want to change the color because red has an alarm meaning that I wanted to bring to user's attention - no other color can do that.

It also turns out that there was no way to tell if an item had been excluded due to specific exclusion using the Exclude menu or whether it had been excluded to the currently active Filters.

I will add the icons to the menu options so there is a key to refer to, just in case.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:30:06 AM by JD »

coolcatcreative

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 09:09:45 PM »
Excellent idea - thank you very much!  :)

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 01:29:50 AM »
Great :)