Author Topic: Two suggestions...  (Read 1572 times)

gtwibell

Two suggestions...
« on: September 08, 2011, 05:36:34 AM »
1) Scheduling - to take advantage of ISP's free bandwidth hours (similar already requested at least once).

2) Ability to use commands like for example 'Refresh Listing' when there's something paused or waiting, but not actively transferring, in the queue but when only one connection is selected.

TIA - GeoffT.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: Two suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:03:59 AM »
Scheduling -> look at Download / Upload Later options in the Transfer menu, or just drag items to the Queue drawer. They will be sat 'wating'. Select one (or all) in the Queue drawer then click the Clock icon to schedule.

One connection & queue -> Good point. I'll see what I can do

gtwibell

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 07:25:20 AM »
Actually scheduling was a bad choice of word, for which I apologise. As you say, Yummy FTP already has good scheduling facilities. What I should have said was bandwidth throttling -  the ability to regulate overall upload/download speed (or indeed pause upload/download) at certain times of the day - much in the same way the torrent client Transmission does. That way you could fill the queue, go away for a week, and know YFTP was taking advantage of all your ISPs free dark hours bandwidth while avoiding the costly 8am-8pm (in my case) time slot.  :)

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:20:52 AM »
Understood. There already is bandwidth throttling (see Preferences) but no schedule for it.