Author Topic: Optional "full" path for favourites display.  (Read 4397 times)

AmberV

Optional "full" path for favourites display.
« on: April 05, 2010, 08:32:05 PM »
Something that would be nice is an optional display of the path to the favourite, rather than just the last directory name of that path. When I say full, I don't mean full from the FTP root, but rather full path from the bookmark root, to reduce clutter. Where this would be useful: I work a lot on OSCommerce sites, and there is often a great deal of common naming in place for different functions, like cart/includes/languages/English/images, and /cart/images. In favourites, both of these show up as "images" and it is a bit of a guessing game as to which goes where.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: Optional "full" path for favourites display.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 05:29:46 AM »
If you leave your mouse pointer over the menu entry for the favorite, the full path will be shown in a help tag.

Hope that helps!

AmberV

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 02:32:58 PM »
Ah, no wonder I never noticed it. I'm one of those old school click-drag-release menu users.

lookacz

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 10:30:30 AM »
I'm re-opening this thread, hovering mouse over favourites is not what I would like to do every time I need to change working directory. Please add an option to show full path in favourites and also in History - there is the same issue. If I have for example:
/var/log/nginx and /etc/nginx - want them both to be in my favourites one will ne "nginx" and second one "nginx 2" - this is not very clear, even if I can remember which one is what, I still can have 10+ more FTP servers that will have another naming, it's very frustrating.

lookacz

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 12:19:45 PM »
Hello @JD? Any news about this issue? When I hover over a favourite item I have to wait like 2 seconds before the full path will pop up, that's annoying.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 12:24:01 PM »
Sorry for the delayed reply!

Yes, it's on my To Do list to address this already.. I'll get to it :)

The popups are standard OS X Help Tags and have standard behaviour. I might be able to adjust/minimise that delay in the meantime.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 03:26:38 PM »
I have made adjustments so that the help tags showing the full path show up immediately when using any menus which have the full path embedded as help text : Favorites, History, etc.

Works well! Keep an eye out for it in the next update :)

Takentlyr

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 05:46:36 PM »
I have made adjustments so that the help tags showing the full path show up immediately when using any menus which have the full path embedded as help text : Favorites, History, etc.

Works well! Keep an eye out for it in the next update :)

Noted! I keep this in my To-do-list also. Thanks! I will for more updates then! :)