Author Topic: How to stop auto syncs  (Read 3938 times)

Sion

How to stop auto syncs
« on: February 06, 2012, 07:53:49 PM »
Anyone know of a way to cancel syncs without having to connect to the server? - I imagine there are some files o the mac which tells yummy FTP who and what to sync.

The story is that I've been backing up my customer's files for while until they could do it themselves - and now they have been able to do so and hence have changed the password so I can't connect to the server in order to delete the syncing command in Yummy FTP.

Don't really want to ask them for the new login details as it'd be a hassle for them!

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: How to stop auto syncs
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »
Normally you'd connect using the Bookmark that has the scheduled sync, then cancel the sync from the queue drawer.

Another way would be to move the Bookmark file out of Yummy's Bookmarks folder, since it won't check outside its own folder. Either right-click it in the Bookmarks window (see Show All Bookmarks from the Bookmarks menu) and select Show In Finder, or the Bookmarks folder itself will be located here:

Mac HD -> Users -> yourname -> Library -> Application Support -> Yummy FTP

on some older installations it may be here :

Mac HD -> Users -> yourname -> Library -> Preferences -> Yummy FTP

Either way means the customer has to do it.

Sion

Re: How to stop auto syncs [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 04:44:30 PM »
Great - thanks!

I deleted the bookmarks file from preferences/Yummy FTP and now no longer have the application continuously trying to connect.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: How to stop auto syncs
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 04:59:01 PM »
You're welcome :)