Author Topic: Setting FTP Lite Up With Growl  (Read 7985 times)

Chester_72

Setting FTP Lite Up With Growl
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:26:50 PM »
Hello all. I am new to Yummy and need a little help.  I work at a printing press and receive files from our customers at our FTP site that need to be processed for printing. I have tried to tinker with Growl and Yummy FTP (trial version) to give me an onscreen popup when a file is uploaded onto our FTP server with no luck yet. We have almost 200 folders on our FTP site that each customer uploads their files too and it gets rather difficult to monitor them all. I am running Mac OS X 10.6.8 and Growl 1.2.2. Also, would YummyFTP Lite work just as well for what I need the program to do? As compared to the full version?

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: Setting FTP Lite Up With Growl
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:53 PM »
There is no remote folder watcher function in Yummy FTP or in Yummy FTP Lite. The notification of upload you've read about on the website refers to uploads you have initiated to a server yourself.

The closest thing I have to what you're after is Yummy FTP Watcher 2, which does have a remote folder watching capability, but there is no option just to notify of that fact. Oddly, this has been asked for before, so I'm considering adding it :)

Chester_72

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 10:53:55 PM »
Okay. I misunderstood the feature then, my apologies. I know this is probably out of your ballpark, but Growl has a notifier plugin. Would I be able to use that feature of Growl in coordination with any Yummy application to get my desired results of file upload notifications?

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 08:40:06 AM »
No, that was my point - there is no Yummy app that currently watches a server folder and simply sends notification of new files/folders via Growl.

As far as I know there is no app (on the Mac at least) that does this. I will be filling that gap asap ;)

Chester_72

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 04:26:07 PM »
I see. Well thank you so much for the help. I'll be checking in on all the new release notes. ;)

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 06:09:55 PM »
You're welcome :)