Author Topic: Open terminal  (Read 4623 times)

xenitis

Open terminal
« on: December 16, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »
Hi,
I have the 1.9 version and evaluating 1.10. I usually need to open terminal windows at remote directory. I see some problems with this functionality. First of all it opens two windows of iTerm for connection, is this have a special reason?
Also while opening terminal connection "Establishing ssh ...." font look weird on Retina screen.
My last request is putting Open terminal shortcut to context menu when right click on remote folder.
Thank you.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: Open terminal
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 01:59:47 PM »
Hi :)

I just checked and found the the problem you referred to in the Retina settings for the Open Terminal window. This fix will be included in the 1.10.2 update out shortly.

I couldn't find a way (yet) to prevent iTerm from opening two windows, except if it is already open then it doesn't if I recall correctly. When I implemented this for Terminal.app there was the ability to prevent that happening using its extended scripting support. I will review it again to see if I can improve it.

I will consider your request for the context menu. Thanks for the suggestion!

-Jason

xenitis

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 02:07:12 PM »
Wow I'm impressed your fast response. Thank you. May be you can add an option to prefs user can choose which terminal app used.

Also I found a development site for iTerm maybe you already know but wanted to share.

https://code.google.com/p/iterm2/wiki/AppleScript
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:36:11 PM by xenitis »

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 02:36:12 PM »
:)

I will consider it.

EDIT : no, I didn't see that before, so perhaps I can improve it after all - thanks for the link!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:22:19 PM by JD »

xenitis

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 10:49:35 AM »
Hi JD,
I see that Retina bug has been resolved. Thank you for that.
What about opening second iTerm window, have you checked that issue, any progress?
Also one more request, can you add Open in terminal to context menu for short cut at next version.
Than you.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 11:38:47 AM »
This one slipped my mind, sorry about that. I'll see what I can do. I already have a lot in the pipeline for the next update.

xenitis

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 10:24:00 PM »
This one slipped my mind, sorry about that. I'll see what I can do. I already have a lot in the pipeline for the next update.

I see that you have updated Yummy FTP, thanks about that. Any news about my two requests :) Second one is really simple, you can easily add open terminal to context menu. Because I use is it usually. First one I don't know if you had time to investigate about solution.
By the way thank you for this great software.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 06:09:17 PM »
I'm sorry again, my memory lapsed! Third time lucky? :)

xenitis

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 12:19:30 AM »
I'm sorry again, my memory lapsed! Third time lucky? :)
I hope you don't forget this time :)

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 10:53:03 AM »
Ok, I added Open In Terminal to the Context menu in the next update, just for you :)

I'm still have it on my To Do list for improving the iTerm support, but it's at least a step in the right direction!

xenitis

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 05:03:18 AM »
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your support.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 06:41:14 PM »
Good news! iTerm now behaves nicely with new/existing windows after I modified the handling of it for the next update :)

Thanks for your patience on this one!

xenitis

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 05:07:04 PM »
Yes I checked it and there is an improvement absolutely. It is not creating a new window but an new tab, is it only happening to me or it supposed to be like this?

Thank you.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 07:16:50 PM »
I am glad you find it is improved, but I get the feeling you'd rather not have a new tab?

You have to bear in mind that there is no way to find out whether the current window (or tab) is busy doing anything - it could be already logged into somewhere else, for example, or running a script.

What would you like to happen exactly?

xenitis

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 10:59:16 PM »
Ideal one is if no shell window is open, open a new one and log in there. Current situation is if no window is open, it opens a new one with two tabs. It is not a big problem, thank you by the way for your effort.