Author Topic: connections through ssh tunnel  (Read 2508 times)

m

connections through ssh tunnel
« on: April 14, 2016, 09:35:49 PM »
I need to connect via sftp (or ftp) to a machine that can only be reached by tunneling through a ssh server. It's relatively easy to do in the terminal and I know that WinSCP can be configured for such a scenario. Is there any chance to get this to work with YummyFTP Pro? Thanks.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: connections through ssh tunnel
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 11:17:25 AM »
There isn't currently any support for this, but oddly enough someone else asked for the same thing just two days ago. I've added it to my To Do list.

m

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 10:33:37 AM »
Thanks.

m

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 03:53:47 PM »
Has this issue, by any chance, moved nearer to the top of your TODO list?

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 05:07:32 PM »
My apologies - it dropped off the radar. I'll revisit it asap.

m

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 02:12:48 PM »
bump  ;)

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 07:21:32 PM »
I'm so sorry, I've not completely forgotten, I've just been recuperating from my recent surgery. I've only started back to work this week, and I have a lot of catching up to do. Thanks for your patience! :)

christian

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 08:56:17 AM »
Any updates on this? I love yummyftp and also need to ftp connect to some servers using a ssh tunnel. I hope your surgery went well and you're doing good again.

Best
Chris

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 09:10:36 AM »
Thanks for asking - actually I had some setbacks on the road to recovery and had to stop working again to recuperate. In the last few weeks though I've been back working on Yummy for a new version coming soon, and I will try to fit the tunnel option in for its release as it's relatively straightforward to add :)

christian

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 03:19:55 PM »
Hey JD,

hope you're doing good again! Just wanted to recheck if there's a chance to get an updated version (with the tunnel option) this year?

Best,
Chris

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 10:15:14 AM »
Hey Chris, sorry for the lack of news... to be perfectly honest, I'm still having some medical troubles, but I am definitely still working on new versions! Yummy FTP Watcher will be first up and that's nearly completed.
I didn't start work on adding the tunnel yet, I'm afraid, and I want to get the new Yummy Pro version out asap (eg. this year!) so I might not be able to fit it in. Your request is noted though!!

christian

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 04:27:39 PM »
Hey JD,

hope things started good for you in 2018! Just wanted to come back and check for the ssh tunnel update. Do you have any update information about this feature? Thank you very much :)

Best
Chris

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 05:08:18 PM »
Hey, thanks! In fact I just had my one year anniversary check ... and I'm ALL CLEAR of cancer, so that's an excellent start to the year :)

The new version of Yummy FTP Pro is edging nearer to completion each day, but as you can see I'm already way behind schedule so *for the moment* I don't have good news for you, I'm sorry.

christian

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 09:31:14 AM »
Hey JD,

I am very happy to hear that!

Just checked out that you have got a new version of Yummy! I just bought the upgrade to it and can't wait to test the new features!

Is there a tunnel option in the new version? You see, I already bought it without checking the logs ;)

Thank you for your good work!

Best
Chris