Author Topic: Switch pane with shortkey  (Read 920 times)

ZappoB

Switch pane with shortkey
« on: August 18, 2016, 03:22:34 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to Yummi FTP pro and have some struggle to switch between the two panes (left to right and back) with the tab-key: instead of switching between the files the selection jumps to the folder-selector (or whatever it's called) above the remote list. And even if I push the tab-key three times it marks the complete list, not the last file the cursor was on.

This is somewhat bulky, is there a better way to do that?

Many thanks in advance for any helpful hint.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:43:29 PM by ZappoB »

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: Switch pane with shortkey
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 07:31:35 PM »
I think you have enabled the All Controls option in System Preferences so the focus hilite moves between each user interface item via the tab key. Normally only text boxes and lists respond to tab hilite focus.

ZappoB

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 10:05:02 AM »
You're right, if done so by purpose, but I thought that this only concerns the macOS dialogues, in which I want to navigate by keyboard.

All other apps I've used till now with two panes (Forklift, Pathfinder, and so on) are using the tab-key for jumping from one pane to the other.

I would greatly appreciate if Yummi FTP allows user defined shortkeys in future versions, the tab-key function included ;)

Thank you very much for reading and for your help.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 11:37:54 AM »
The setting applies to all UI from all apps and the TAB key has always been the standard for moving keyboard focus between UI elements that accept keyboard input, so that will never change. Apps that override tab for their own custom purposes can do so of course, but it runs against the spirit of traditional uniform Mac UI design. What I could add is a different keyboard shortcut specifically to switch between the two panes.