Author Topic: Editing Aliases  (Read 1467 times)

barokoko

Editing Aliases
« on: September 28, 2016, 11:22:19 AM »
Little problem: when I create a FTP-Alias on my desktop, I can double click to open it in Yummy (1.11.10 non MAS). After editing this alias (e.g. change base folder)

-  a double click no longer opens Yummy, just shows an info popup now
- I can not edit this alias anymore. Via "All Bookmarks => Edit" I can select the alias on my desktop, but the setting window does not open.

Is this normal, a problem with my installation or a bug?

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: Editing Aliases
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 01:14:46 PM »
I will investigate

barokoko

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 08:10:53 PM »
Any result?

Maybe I should inform, that I had installed Watcher and Alias beside Yummy Pro (wasnīt aware that itīs built in). Deleted both with "AppDelete" and restarted.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 10:37:23 AM »
My apologies - this slipped off my radar.

The problem is that FTP Alias droplets created with the stand-alone Yummy FTP Alias app are not interchangeable with those created by the built-in FTP Alias inside of Yummy FTP Pro.

I've seen a few people install and use FTP Alias as well as Yummy FTP Pro, but I'm not sure why they think it's necessary - it's one of the big Yummy FTP Pro features for several years that the $5 FTP Alias app is already built in. Perhaps I need to make it clearer on the website.

As for Watcher being installed as well, that is no problem at all. Watcher capabilities are not built-in to Yummy FTP Pro.

I'll see if I can made the two FTP Alias types interchangeable for the next update, but in the meantime I can only suggest to re-create the FTP Alias droplets in Yummy FTP Pro itself.

barokoko

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 07:18:38 AM »
Sorry for late reply,
Hi,
the problem I described was with aliases created with Yummy FTP Pro (FTP Alias uninstalled). I can save an alias and can edit it, but
a) only one time. After first edit I can not edit again, because the settings-window simply does not come up,
b) the alias changes itīs behaviour. Before editing i can doubleclick the alias and it opens FTP Pro with this connection, after editing it does not open FTP Pro anymore, just informs me, that I can drag files on the alias.

Solution could be to ignore the chapter in Quickstart.pdf and generally not edit aliases, just create another one and delete the old one, verify, that you donīt have edited aliases in your list.
But this does not help with my initial small problem: It can be hard to find out or verify the forgotten connection details of edited, stupid-named aliases...

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 01:42:13 PM »
I have repeated this... seems like I made a bug! I will fix it :)

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 02:43:26 PM »
Now fixed for the next update. Sorry about that!