Author Topic: keychain bug since latest update?  (Read 2311 times)

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: keychain bug since latest update?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 08:07:53 PM »
Yes, checking the code - if the old location is found then it's still supported :)

Great to hear the problem seems gone!

Flashman

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 01:20:09 PM »
Pleased to report after a few days that the keychain issue appears to be 100% resolved, so it does look like it was a clash of sorts between the current app store version of Yummy and the previous version purchased via eSellerate. This was never a problem under El Capitan, so it looks like something has changed under Sierra, however I don't know whether Apple now considers this a bug or correct behaviour.

Flashman

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 07:42:58 PM »
That problem is back with the frequent requests for keychain access since upgrading to 1.11.11 via the App store at the end of October. It's not the end of the world, but it's clearly not right. Any suggestions to fix this properly?

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 08:10:00 PM »
I guess it's possible that the Mac App Store version is intentionally signed in such a way by Apple as to require re-confirmation of the keychain access for each iteration of the app, and therefore it is a security feature but as I don't see these issues myself nor had anyone else reporting them it's difficult to know what to recommend. Can you trying going back to the direct-buy version instead? I can provide a complimentary license if that makes the difference for you.

Flashman

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 08:15:48 PM »
Sure we can try that. Should I just download it from the site and delete the existing App store copy?

I never saw this before installing Sierra, so it seems likely that is related, but I've just had another thinking outside the box moment. Could this be related to having my user folder on another drive? The user is still on the old SATA but the app is on the new SSD. Could that explain why nobody else has reported this?

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 12:06:02 PM »
Apologies for the delayed reply...

Yes, download the regular version from the link below, and delete the App Store version.

http://www.yummysoftware.com/downloads/YummyFTP.zip

I'll mail you a serial number :)

Flashman

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 12:33:47 PM »
Thanks for your help. That's installed and seems to be fine now. I simply dragged the old App store version to the trash rather than hunting down any related files in case I ended up deleting anything important. Hopefully it will just work now and all the bookmarks have been preserved. It's still the best FTP client out there and people always say the support is brilliant!

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 01:27:10 PM »
You're welcome! And thank you!!  ;D

You're right to have left all the settings in place - the two versions are 100% compatible with eachother so you can switch between the two at any time.

Flashman

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 11:12:15 PM »
A very belated update but it turned out that switching to the regular version of Yummy wasn't the solution, however I eventually discovered the real cause of problem. On the old SATA drive I still had a copy of Yummy in the original applications folder and after I deleted that I haven't seen a request for keychain access since. The old SATA still has El Capitan installed, whereas the SSD uses Sierra and for some reason that causes this anomaly with Yummy, which hasn't affected any other app. It wasn't an issue when both drives had El Capitan installed.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2017, 12:39:22 PM »
Bizarre!   :o

Thanks for the update.