Author Topic: Newbie Question  (Read 1074 times)

startouchedga

Newbie Question
« on: November 09, 2016, 08:05:46 PM »
I am sure that Pro is going to work for me.  I have gone in and setup my connection, selected the location of the files I want to upload on a schedule and set the schedule.  After the upload completed I added the bookmark.  But, when I open FTP Pro again, it doesn't appear the settings are there.  What am I doing wrong?  It's a pretty simple setup, I just need to upload on a daily basis.  I am going to use Automater to start the application, but I am missing some small step here.
Thanks!
Kathy

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 10:25:29 AM »
Sorry for the delayed reply...

When you re-open the Bookmark, does the transfer show up in the queue? You can view the queue by selecting Show Queue from the View menu or click the button at the bottom left of the browser window. In fact, if the item, is there waiting and scheduled you should see an animated Clock icon indicator there.

startouchedga

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 09:44:01 PM »
No it is not holding the queue information.  Each time I close it and reopen it, the queue is empty.  This should be fairly simple.  I am sending the same files daily (with a different time/date stamp).  I select the files add them to the queue, set schedule, then set the time and date and start date and save the bookmark. 
I was expecting the scheduling portion of this to work from opening.  The issue is this is installed on a client computer and cannot be left open.
Thanks for your help.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 10:17:27 AM »
1. In the Preferences -> Interface panel, ensure that the 'Auto-save queue' option is set for 'All transfers'
2. It sounds like you're creating a new Bookmark each time you configure a sync?
3. The computer and the app need to be running for the schedule to actually run.
4. You can set Yummy to open at startup without using Automator - right click its Dock icon and choose Options > Open at Login

Hope this helps?

startouchedga

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 12:33:43 AM »
I tried your suggestion.  No luck.  The queue is still empty the next time Yummy opens.  I don't WANT to create a new bookmark each time.  The book mark holds.  It opens to the same bookmark, just with an empty queue.
Remember, I said this is a client computer.  I can't leave Yummy open.  I have to close it after the designated files upload.
I guess I could tell Yummy to open on startup, but I don't think it is applicable in this case.  The Mac is left running overnight, so I don't think that is applicable.  I am using LaunchOnTime to run an Applescript to open Yummy at a specified time.  Once the transfer is complete, LaunchOnTime closes Yummy.
Again, this is a client computer.  I can't leave an open connection to my FTP site.
I looked back through your archives and saw that someone else also had a similar problem with the queue not holding the settings.  Did that actually get resolved?
Looking forward to a solution,
Kathy

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 08:41:42 PM »
Please send me screenshots of what you're seeing :

email : support@yummysoftware.com

startouchedga

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 01:21:05 AM »
I am not sure how to add an attachment here!  I don't see an option to add an attachment!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:22:41 AM by startouchedga »

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 06:27:27 AM »
Don't. Please send them to support@yummysoftware.con