Author Topic: High Sierra issue  (Read 861 times)

scottf

High Sierra issue
« on: October 09, 2017, 02:51:51 AM »
Hi all, I am having issues after updating to High Sierra 10.13 I purchased Yummy FTP via the Mac App Store and the version is apparently the current one at v1.11.14 there are no updates being offered via the MacApp Store and Yummy site advises this is the current version.

When I open Yummy my bookmarks open up but it is asking to enter the keychain password for the particular site server I'm trying to access but when I enter the correct the password it advises its incorrect when I know it is not.
Yummy FTPO seems to just time out and I get the spinning beach ball and the only way to close Yummy is to go to Force Quit as Yummy has time out. I have number of sites I look after for clients and this occurs on all of them. I know the passwords are correct as I can log in via the cPanel or other FTP apps such as Filezilla.

Any help here please??

Thanks Scott

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: High Sierra issue
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 08:42:38 AM »
This doesn't sound like a High Sierra problem, from your description.

If you get a message (from the server, it's not from Yummy) that your password was not accepted (e.g. Login incorrect) then the server is telling you that the password supplied is wrong.

However, you also say you get a message asking to enter your Keychain password. If that's the case, it's not the server password you need to enter but your Apple Keychain password (probably your Mac login password). This is so Yummy can access the Keychain to get the actual password for the server.

Perhaps it would be better to contact me via email if you require further assistance, then we can exchange screenshots etc. more easily. (and privately).

scottf

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 09:20:08 AM »
Hi guru,

Yes you were spot on - it was my Mac password to access keychain that I should have been entering. As soon as I tried again and put in my Mac password, Yummy was good to go.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards
Scott

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 11:02:08 AM »
You're welcome :)

vikaskundu

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 04:13:35 PM »
Hi JD,

I updated my MacBook to High Sierra 10.13.3 today and now whenever I will open the Yummy FTP Pro app from the dock it will simply load (icon jumping) and show no other interface.  Can you please help me to get it working again?

Update: An uninstall and reinstallation of the app has fixed the issue! :)

Vikas Kundu
Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:36:15 AM by vikaskundu »

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 05:10:12 PM »
Did you update Yummy as well? If not then you should try that first.

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 05:15:58 PM »
Also, any problems with High Sierra - try a reboot first. It's common for that OS release, I'm afraid... very buggy!