Author Topic: Viewing files in alphabetical sequence?  (Read 3713 times)

miri

Viewing files in alphabetical sequence?
« on: March 22, 2010, 06:23:55 PM »
Hi there,

I hope this question wasn't asked already. I searched about it earlier but didn't find an answer to it yet.

I was wondering if it is possible to change the viewing settings of yummy ftp.
At the moment it's not possible to view the files in an alphabetical sequence, and I can't find a way to change this.

Perhaps there is a very easy way to do this. I remember the sequence being correct, but all of the sudden it shows files beginning with a Z first.

Can anyone help me with this?

Kind Regards,

Miri

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: Viewing files in alphabetical sequence?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 06:32:41 PM »
Click the Name column heading. It will reverse the sort order to become A -> Z

Note that each of the headings, Size, Date, etc. can all be clicked to sort the listings by those column names. Click again to reverse the order, just like the Name column heading.

Another thing to note is that you can resize the columns - hold your mouse over the column edge... the cursor will change, and you can then click and drag right or left to increase or decrease the size of the column.

Additionally, the listing can be scrolled both horizontally (using the scroll bar at the bottom of the list) or vertically (using the scroll bar at the right of the list).

Essentially, the file listing behaves pretty much the same way as the Finder

miri

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »
Thanks for your fast reply!

I must be blind, but I can't find the words 'column heading'.
Where do I look for this?

thanks in advance.

Edit:
Ow sorry never mind. I was looking in the menu bar for the word 'column heading', but I misunderstood what you wrote. I have to click on the column heading that's called 'Name'.
Thanks very much. Such an obvious solution, haha.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 07:13:37 PM by miri »

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 07:26:03 PM »
Sorry I didn't make it clearer. But anyway, glad to hear you've discovered the way :)