Author Topic: Can't delete item from synced folder.  (Read 3816 times)

MattCox

Can't delete item from synced folder.
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »
Hi.

I've got Yummy FTP watcher setup so that it syncs between a folder on my local drive and a remote FTP server. Everything with uploads works fine and I can add a file to the folder and it gets sent to the server when it syncs.

The issue I am having is that when I attempt to delete a file from either the FTP server or the local machine, Yummy then syncs and adds the file back, because it exists in the other location.

So if I delete a file on my local machine, it doesn't delete the file from the FTP server when it syncs (to match the action I have performed), instead it sees that a file is missing from the local folder and downloads it from the server.

The only way that I can get it to work is to delete from the server and the local machine at the same time.

Is there any way I can work around this problem?

Thanks.
-Matt
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:08:40 PM by MattCox »

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
Re: Can't delete item from synced folder.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 01:27:45 PM »
Which type of watcher have you selected? It sounds like you have Sync : Mirror? If so, have you enabled "Delete orphans during syncs" ?

MattCox

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 01:35:16 PM »
Yes, I am using Synchronize: Mirror. Delete orphans during sync is turned on.

-Matt

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 03:12:05 PM »
Take a look in :

Mac HD -> Users -> yourname -> Library -> Application Support -> Yummy FTP Watcher -> Sync Caches

Do you see a folder for your setup? If so, please zip it and email it to support@yummysoftware.com

What is the root path of your server? Is it / ? If so, there is a known issue with this that causes the cache to fail and results in this behaviour. I have a fix in a beta version I can send you via email. Let me know ...