Author Topic: YummyFTP support Webdav?  (Read 23491 times)

jbsound

Re: YummyFTP support Webdav?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 06:52:40 PM »
Any news on S3 support?

Thanks,

JB

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 07:48:42 PM »
I have no immediate plans for S3. WebDAV is definiely coming in v2.0, and S3 is still on the list for the future. 

reesmaxwell

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 09:40:04 PM »
Hey Jason,

It's been 10.5 months since you mentioned WEBDAV coming in V2.  I noticed this statement from you on MacUpdate:
Dec 6 2009   
YUMMY SOFTWARE 
Currently, Yummy FTP is a pure FTP client, therefore supporting FTP, SFTP and FTP over SSL protocols, and advertised as such.
As already stated, however, WebDAV / MobileMe / .Mac support, plus a whole boatload of great new features, are coming in v2.0, which is currently in development :) 
(Version 1.8.1)

So...the big question: When do you think V2 will be out?

JD

• Administrator
  • FTP Guru
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 11:35:42 AM »
Hi Rees.

As mentioned elsewhere, some personal issues (both health and emotional, unfortunately) have basically put me out of action for several months and as a result v2 development is severely delayed.

I'm back into things since the last month or so and am gradually catching up with a huge support backlog and I'm currently working towards providing an update to the current version of Yummy.

Since v2 is practically a re-write there have already been many unforeseen obstacles which have delayed development, and it's still a long way off being usable even as an early pre-alpha, so I really can't give you a good estimate as to when it will be even in beta form, never mind a release date.

To that end, I'm considering pulling the WebDAV support I've already implemented in what exists of v2 and engineering it into v1 as a free upgrade, which would follow as a v1.9 some time after I complete the update (v1.8.3) I'm working on right now.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you, but please be assured that I am committed to providing what I promised.

All the best,
Jason

reesmaxwell

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 07:59:29 PM »
Crud Jason!  I guess maybe I remember hearing that about your health stuff.  So sorry!! 

I hope you have good support around you. 

Take Care,
  Rees